Sunday, March 27, 2011

Guacamole

I think, if our family could, we would eat guacamole everyday. I remember hating it as a child, but no one ever tried to convince me to eat it. So, when I finally tasted it I realized that people didn't care if I didn't eat it because it just meant more for them.


We always have it with our big mexican meals, or even the small ones. Our fast quesadilla dinners were greatly enhanced by a bowl of guac.


3 medium Avocados

1 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice

1/2 cup pico de gallo

1 1/2 tsp chopped garlic

1 tsp olive oil

1 tsp jalapeno stemmed, seeded and minced

1 tsp salt


Pit the avocados. Score avocado meat without cutting through the skin (in a diagonal/diamond pattern). Scoop out with a large spoon and put in a mixing bowl.


Add lime jice and coat the pieces. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir/gently mash the mixture. Don't over mash, we like it chunky.


Serve on everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment