Sunday, March 20, 2011

Creamy Chicken Enchiladas

My 20th birthday (2009) at Grandma Brimhall's House in Toquerville Utah with a meal of chicken enchiladas, black beans and fresh salsa.

I think I have requested these for every birthday since I was 12. Usually they are served with beans. Recently our family has started serving them with fresh pico de gallo, and green chili salsa, plus extra ingredients. Personally, I always add chili powder and tabasco sauce to my chicken mix. But, this recipe is the straight up original.


Creamy Chicken Enchiladas


1 lb cheddar cheese (do we actually measure? no.)

1 pint sour cream

2 cans cream of chicken soup

1 can chopped creen chile (4 0z)

1/2 medium onion

2 dozen flour tortilla

3 chicken breast, boiled and chopped into cubes


Grate cheese.

Mix everything else in, but save about 2 cups without chicken in it.

Fill and roll tortillas.

Place in a greased casserole dish.

Put remaining sauce on top and some more grated cheese, or you can layer the enchiladas up, but always end with sauce and cheese.


Cook for 15-20 minutes in 350 degree oven, or until bubbly.




No comments:

Post a Comment