Sunday, March 27, 2011

The best chocolate chip cookies

Okay, so my dad loves cookies. Maybe even more then most dads. In fact, I'm willing to bet. So consequently I grew up loving to bake cookies. After a long search, this is my favorite chocolate cookie recipe, I adapted it from this recipe my sister sent me "award winning soft chocolate chip cookies". But I've made them so much that now to us they are just "the chocolate chip cookies"


I remember in high school nearly every thursday night was cookie night. Maybe it was just because we needed a break before the weekend, or maybe it was because our favorite tv shows would be on tv. At any rate either mom or I would make some cookies and we would all sit down at the coffee table and eat them. Now I make them for my roommates all the time (i'm not exaggerating) I especially love using pistachio pudding. It just tastes better that way.


are you ready?


1 cup room temp margarine (yes I prefer margarine, although half butter is great too)

1/2 cup sugar

1/2 cup brown sugar

2 eggs

1 3.4 oz pckg vanilla instant pudding

1 tsp vanilla

1/4 tsp salt

1 tsp baking soda

3 cups flour

2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 350

Beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating in between. Add the pudding mixture and vanilla, beating till well mixed.

Add flour, soda, and salt. Mix a little then add the chocolate chips.

If the dough still sticks to your hands alot, add some more flour till it doesn't really stick.

Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden on the edges.

Eat with cold milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment