Monday, April 11, 2011

Salmon Patties

This is another recipe from Grandma Malaska.

Somehow our family always had cans of salmon in our pantry, and I don't know why because I'd only ever seen it in our pantry. But this patty was a staple because of its high nutrients and quick preparation. I always got to help smash up the saltine crackers. But, with my sensitive kid tongue/nose I could only eat them cut up into macaroni, and to this day I enjoy a good bowl of macaroni and salmon.


1 can salmon deboned (when you buy the can, it is just like the whole fish, so take out the gross parts)

1/2 cup saltine crackers

2 tbsp lemon juice

1 egg

1 diced green onion

salt and pepper to taste


Debone! Mix all ingredients together. Form into 3" patties and pan fry in hot owl till brown on each side.

Serve with mac and cheese and an iceberg salad, if we are keeping it traditional.

No comments:

Post a Comment